Information and advice
Information & advice
We can empower you to make informed decisions about your life by giving you confidential advice and impartial choices. Volunteer and user led, this service is run by people with disabilities or caring experience for others in the community.
As a member of the Disability Information Advice Line UK (DIAL UK) we’ve been providing free, confidential and impartial information and advice for over thirty years to thousands of people across Nottinghamshire. These are some of the things we can help you with:
- A dedicated user led telephone advice line
- Disability and carers welfare benefits form filling service
- Benefit MOT’s and ‘better off’ checks
- Welfare rights
- Face to face appointments with trained advisors
- Access to a large resource of published information
Telephone advice line – 01623 625 891
Our dedicated advice line is open on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 10am – 2pm. This is a volunteer advice line, so please bear with us if you are having any difficulty getting through to an advisor. Please leave a voicemail message outside these hours and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Please note: if you require any help with forms, you need to make an appointment.
General information & advice
We can provide information and advice on any aspect of disability or caring including, but not limited to, the following:
- Access and accessibility
- Equipment and appliances
- Sport, leisure and entertainment
- Community, voluntary and charitable services
- Housing, maintenance and adaptations
- Education, training and skills
- Rehabilitation and re-enablement
- Self help groups and local support groups
- Welfare rights services
- Legislation, law and policy
- Holidays and short breaks
- Motoring, taxi’s and public transport
- Blue Badge and Green Badge schemes
- Equality Act 2010
- Disability awareness
- Health and wellbeing
- And much more…!