Facing a barrier or struggling to find your place
Take charge is part of the Ron + project and is an exciting programme that aims to help people facing disabling barriers to make steps toward improving the overall quality of their lives by being part of a peer support group.
Peer supporters help people to live the lives they want to live including accessing education and training or trying to find employment. At the first meeting the peer supporter makes a plan of action with the person seeking support. There are monthly meetings where disabled people discuss various issues of concern and interest. They also support each other to campaign for changes.
The group meets monthly and supports individual to build confidence, social skills and self esteem.
The sessions will provide an opportunity to:
- Receive one-to-one support
- Access free workshops to enhance your confidence, social skills and self esteem
- Receive support with budgeting and benefits
- Meet new people
- be supported to identify and achieve your goals.
- Gain knowledge and understanding to assist you to access the workplace, volunteering and training
Spaces are limited and filling up quickly so if you would like to get involved or find out more please contact Claire Staples, Peer Support Co-ordinator on:
Tel: 01623 625891